If you’re closing an office, moving your business to a new building, or upgrading from old I.T. equipment to a new, modern system, you already have a lot on your to-do list. You don’t want to have to worry about data security and the possibility of a security breach during your transition period. At the same time, you know the importance of proper data destruction. You can’t just press a “delete” button and make all that sensitive information safely vanish.
You need to find a trustworthy hard drive shredder in the New York area. Where should you turn?
Here are a few key factors to consider when hiring a professional data destruction service:
- What certifications does the data destruction company hold? Are they compliant with data security, environmental, and worker health regulations? What is the company’s reputation in the industry?
- What are their data destruction methods? The company you choose should offer you options and discuss those options with you. Do you want to re-use your hard drive and just have it scrubbed clean, or do you want it completely destroyed? Data destruction needs vary from business to business. Make sure the company you hire can meet your specific needs.
- How can they prove your data has been destroyed? You can’t leave something this important to the “honor system”; you need official proof that your data is, in fact, permanently erased and can’t be recovered by hackers.
- How convenient do they make the data destruction process for you? Will they come to you to retrieve your equipment? What is their policy for handling, transporting, and storing the equipment, and how quickly will they work to destroy the data?
- What do they charge for data destruction? This is no different from any other business expense. It has to fit within your budget. You want to make sure you’re receiving a competitive, reasonable rate, and that the company you choose can explain its pricing structure.
For almost 20 years, Keystone Technology Management has been a leading data destruction service, trusted by businesses in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, and the entire tri-state area to securely dispose of sensitive information and provide a top-notch customer experience. We’ve outlined a few reasons for our longevity and success in this infographic.
For more information on how Keystone Technology Management can fulfill your data destruction needs, please give us a call or fill out an online contact form today.