key-stone noun \ˈkē-ˌstōn\
- A large stone at the top of an arch that locks the other stones in place.
- Something on which other things depend for support
As a keystone is a support system for others things to depend on, Keystone strives to be the IT management support system for our customers to depend on using our data security, environmental, health and safety as the core stone for everything we do to lock into place.
Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
Keystone is committed to:
- providing solutions for the responsible, effective management and removal of end-of-life electronic assets in a manner protecting the environment, worker health and safety, our clients and our community.
- continual improvement and meeting our customer requirements.
- the protecting the environment, including prevention of pollution and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems through responsible recycling.
- provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injury and ill health and control occupational health and safety risks using the hierarchy of controls.
- worker participation, and where they exist, workers’ representatives, in the decision-making processes in the QEHS management system.
- comply with applicable legal and other requirements relative to the environmental and health and safety aspects of our business and fulfill its compliance obligations.
- providing a framework for setting and reviewing quality, environmental, health and safety objectives.
- manage used and end of life electronic equipment based on a reuse, refurbishment, recovery, disposal hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain.
- manage Focus Materials throughout the recycling chain to final disposition with due diligence to protect our environment.
- continuous improvement achieved through monitoring of objectives and targets and rigorous evaluation of our management system.
- communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization as well as, to our customers, our suppliers and other interested parties.