key-stone noun \ˈkē-ˌstōn\
- A large stone at the top of an arch that locks the other stones in place.
- Something on which other things depend for support
As a keystone is a support system for others things to depend on, Keystone strives to be the IT management support system for our customers to depend on using our data security, environmental, health and safety as the core stone for everything we do to lock into place.
The team at Keystone is fully committed to the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and compliance with current environmental legislation and fulfillment of our compliance obligations. We will strive for continual improvement and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Our Environmental Management System is designed to comply with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Top Management is committed to:
- Ensuring that good environmental management is a core part of our business culture by communicating the EMS policy to all employees.
- Adhering with all compliance obligations, where these relate to our environmental aspects.
- Providing employees and others with the resources needed to implement the EMS, including support, direction and encouragement to fulfill the requirements.
- Planning to achieve our environmental objectives.
- Making employees and other stakeholders aware of their individual responsibilities contained within our EMS by effective communication.
- Considering any environmental issues in all business strategies and initiatives.
- Preventing pollution and minimizing waste through the application of reduce, re-use and recycle principles wherever practicable and ensuring unavoidable waste is disposed of responsibly.
- Supports other relevant management roles to demonstrate leadership as it applies to their responsibility.
- Monitoring and auditing of the EMS for improving environmental performance.
This policy will be communicated to all full time and temporary employees. This policy will be reviewed annually by The KRES Manager and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.
Health & Safety Policy
When it comes to health and safety, Team Keystone operates using a single motto: let’s all go home at the end of the day. To accomplish this, Top Management and The KRES Manager will:
- Ensure that all applicable legal requirements are identified and adopted.
- Positive engagement with employees on Health and Safety issues, to develop competence and gain commitment.
- Ensure that at all levels, training and appropriate information on health and safety is provided so that people are competent and safety conscious.
- Define the responsibilities for managers with particular reference to our health and safety performance.
- Establish and implement safe work procedures for all our activities.
- Operate with the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 and provide the necessary resources to implement this system.
- The Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed and revised where necessary to include suitable changes to continually improve the safety standards. Any modifications will be communicated to the employees with relevant training being provided where applicable.
Employees must recognize that they have responsibilities for their own health and safety and that their activities can impact on the health and safety of others. In this regard, we require our employees to comply with the company’s health and safety policy and procedures to order to provide a safe working environment.